gateway n : an entrance that can be closed by a gate
Gateway has several meanings. It may often share meanings with the term gate.
- Gateway (telecommunications), in telecommunications is a computer or a network that allows or controls access to another computer or network.
- Gateway (web page), a webpage designed to attract visitors and search engines to a particular website.
- Payment gateway, the software interface between a web-based shopping cart and a merchant account.
- Gateway (computer program), a link between two computer programs allowing them to share information and bypass certain protocols on a host computer.
- Gateway, Inc. (formerly Gateway 2000) is a computer manufacturer currently owned by Asian computer manufacturer Acer
- "Gateway", a former name of the UK supermarket chain now rebranded as Somerfield (UK retailer)
- "Gateway", a UK building society bought in 1988 by the Woolwich Building Society
- "Gateway Newstands", a Canadian tobacco/newspaper/convenience goods retailer located in the Toronto, New York, and Chicago rapid transit systems, as well as in major office towers and high-traffic shopping malls
Education*Gateway Community and Technical College, composed of four separate campuses located in northern Kentucky
- Gateway High School (San Francisco, California), a charter school
- Gateway Bridge, the most eastern crossing of the Brisbane River, Brisbane
- Gateway pipeline, a $2.5-billion (CAD) project by Enbridge to carry crude oil from the Athabasca Oil Sands in Alberta to Kitimat, British Columbia for export
- Gateway Station on the Vancouver SkyTrain's Expo Line
- Greater Vancouver Gateway Program proposal to expand highway 1 and twin the Port Mann bridge
- Gateway of India, a monument in Mumbai, India
- The Gateway, Singapore, a twin-building office complex
- Gateway Theatre of Shopping, a shopping centre in Durban
- Gateways club, a famous lesbian club located in UK.
- Jefferson National Expansion Memorial, also known as Gateway Arch in St. Louis, Missouri, famous as the "Gateway to the West" within the United States
- The Gateway District, a large open air retail, residential and office complex in Salt Lake City, Utah
- Gateway International Raceway, a racetrack in Madison, Illinois
- Gateway National Recreation Area, a string of parks and beaches in New York City and New Jersey
- Gateway Region, the most urbanized part of northeastern New Jersey, including Newark and Jersey City
- The Gateway Sports and Entertainment Complex (more commonly known as "Gateway"), a stadium complex in Cleveland, Ohio, containing Progressive Field and Quicken Loans Arena
- Common synonym for portal
(novel), a 1976 novel by Frederik Pohl, the first book of the
Heechee series and winner of the Hugo Award and Nebula Award
- Gateway (computer game), two adventure games based on the novel have been created by Legend Entertainment
- Gateways (novel), a Repairman Jack novel by F. Paul Wilson
- Gateway (comics), a supporting character in Marvel's X-Men series
- Gateway Rehabilitation Center, a rehabilitation center for drug and alcohol addicts, in Aliquippa, Pennsylvania, USA
- Gateway (1938 film), a film starring Don Ameche
- "Gateway" in oceanography, ocean currents in the global thermohaline circulation
- "Gateway" in aviation, the start or the termination for airlines at airports
- GATEWAY - The MU* Community
gateway in German: Gateway
gateway in Spanish: Gateway
gateway in Persian: دروازه
gateway in French: Gateway
gateway in Korean: 게이트웨이 (동음이의)
gateway in Hebrew: שער
gateway in Dutch: Gateway
gateway in Japanese: ゲートウェイ
gateway in Polish: Gateway
gateway in Russian: Шлюз
gateway in Volapük: Gateway
French door, archway, back door, barway, bulkhead, carriage entrance, cellar door, cellarway, door, doorjamb, doorpost, doorway, front door, gate, gatepost, hatch, hatchway, lintel, porch, portal, porte cochere, postern, propylaeum, pylon, scuttle, side door, stile, storm door, threshold, tollgate, trap, trap door, turnpike, turnstile